Guild Mission Statement
Grievance is a family-oriented online gaming community. We have a very rich and honorable heritage that spans many games over many years, during which Grievance has proven that one can have a very rewarding gaming experience yet have a life as well. The concepts of family, honor, and loyalty are hallmarks of Grievance and are expected to be upheld and respected by all members. As a guild, we will bring Grievance’s values and proudly represent our parent guild and what it stands for. We will be that guild that is known for its great community of helpful, friendly individuals that provides support for each other through all aspects of the game. WE are Grievance.
This Charter in no way supersedes the Grievance Organization charter. All members should make themselves familiar with that charter prior to joining Grievance!
DisclaimerThis Charter can and WILL change as the guild grows and matures. The application & promotion process WILL become more complicated and harder as the guild grows. The Guild Leader reserves the right to make changes and rulings to this policy at any time, including on the spot if needed in order to correct loopholes and keep things fair.
Clauses to be aware of……
Guild Leader Clause
The Guild Leader reserves the right to make decisions that may at times supersede and/or contradict the charter and policies of the Guild. These decisions must never be made lightly and always be done with the betterment of the guild in mind. The Guild Leader also has the last word on all decisions concerning the Guild, Discord, Charter, and/or anything pertaining to the Grievance World of Warcraft Guild. All decisions made by the Guild Leader can and will be reviewed by the Grievance Council to ensure fairness to all members.
Common Sense Clause
No policy is 100% safe from exploitation and the officers are here to make sure all things are done fairly. All changes made to the charter in this matter will be reviewed by the Guild Leader before being set in stone.
No Drama Clause
Any member found to be causing and/or instigating extreme drama within the guild will be asked to leave. The Guild Leader will make the determination of what qualifies as extreme drama, and what does not.
The Honor Clause
Honor is the second most important tenant in the Grievance Organization. All members of Grievance are expected to always act with honor; this includes all members of Grievance’s World of Warcraft Guild. At no time will any Grievance member intentionally grief another player either in or out of the game. If anyone is unclear on what the definition of griefing is, then simply ask your fellow Grievance members for clarification. Examples of griefing include, but are not limited to corpse camping, causing other players to unintentionally become killable, training mobs into other players, and anything else that normal players would find distasteful. If any of these things give you pleasure, then you are in the wrong Guild.
The Guild’s responsibility to you the player
As a Guild we will work together to achieve common goals by playing together. We will organize raids, help each other with content, and make sure players have a place to communicate with other members outside of the game.
Player’s responsibility to the guild
You, the player, are responsible for your own actions and gameplay. Ultimately your gaming goals are your own, and you need to be proactive in accomplishing those goals.
Applying to Grievance
Those who are interested in joining Grievance should first join Discord and fill out the application in the “read me first” channel. Then an officer will reach out via discord messages to schedule an orientation. Please check your messages after submitting an application.
Requirements to join Grievance
– Applicants MUST fill out the application on Discord
– Applicants MUST be 18yrs of age or older. Exceptions may be made for real life friends / family.
– Applicants MUST have read the Grievance Organization charter AND this Charter prior to joining.
-Applicant must complete an orientation interview with an officer.
-Applicant must be on Thrall.
All members will go through a 30-day recruitment period during which time they may join us on Discord to get to know the other members of Grievance. Communication is extremely important in today’s gaming world, and we have dedicated Discord channels for you to use. This is to give us, as well as you (the applicant) an opportunity to see if your membership into the Guild is a good fit or not. Applicants found not to be a good fit will be notified and then denied membership. Note the recruitment period could be extended for a recruit if they do not play enough for the leadership team to get to know them.
Guild Ranking System
Guild Leader (GL)
The Guild Leader is responsible for the overall smooth running of the Guild, Discord and anything else pertaining to Grievance in WoW. It is the Guild Leader’s responsibility to set in-game and out of game (if necessary) goals for the Guild to provide the proper direction and course for Grievance. The Guild Leader has the final say so on all things pertaining to the workings of the Guild and its membership. At any time the Guild Leader may assume the responsibilities of any other Officer position within the Guild if necessary and can override any decision made by another officer if said decision is deemed to be detrimental to the Guild. As an extension of the overall Grievance Organization (Grievance Global Gaming), the Guild Leader is expected to operate and make all decisions with the betterment of Grievance as a whole in mind.
Executive Officer (XO)
The XO is literally a direct extension of the GL and only answers to the GL. The XO is in complete charge of the guild whenever the GL is not present and has the GL’s authority to make on-the-spot decisions for the betterment of the Guild if needed. As with the GL, the XO can assume other officer positions if needed. The XO can override another Officer’s decision (with the exception of the GL) if deemed necessary.
Recruiting Officer (RO)
The RO is ultimately responsible for the growth of Grievance and all matters pertaining to recruitment within Grievance. It is the RO’s responsibility to acclimate new recruits into the Guild by going over what is expected of them.
Logistics Officer (LO)
The Logistics Officer is responsible for the collection and distribution of the guild’s goods, resources, and money. The Logistics Officer is also responsible for guild income and manages the guild bank.
Guild Officer (O)
The Officer is directly responsible for certain tasks within the guild itself. These tasks can range from Raid management, managing the Guild Bank, organizing crafters, assisting with recruiting, or just being responsible for getting groups going on a daily basis. Officers are appointed by the Guild Leader.
Raid Leader (RL)
The RL is responsible for setting up and scheduling raids and guild wide events for Grievance. Schedules will be posted 24 – 48hrs in advance and will usually (not always) cover a full week. Raid schedules must be communicated to the GL in advance for approval before being submitted. While leading a raid, members may discuss strategy with the RL in tells or request to discuss it in Discord. No member is to openly contradict or talk over the RL.
One character per account is given the rank of member, this denotes which toon you can bring to raid during progression. No member will be required to raid, or do dungeons. Participating in the Grievance community is enough to maintain your status in the guild. All other characters will be given the rank of Alt. If you want to change what character you can bring to raid, you need to talk to the raid leaders first.
A new member is considered a recruit for 30 days. Recruits are limited to 3 characters in the guild, one main and 2 alts.
- Bigotry will not be tolerated. This applies to race, creed, color, gender, or sexual orientation. Expressing contempt or disapproval with regard to these is forbidden.
- No discussion of contentious or hot-button topics, such as politics and religion.
- No Snubbing (This is where a player leaves a guild group to join another group for no apparent justification other than just switching groups)
- No hostility toward guild members.
- No political, racial, or religious slurs.
- No excessive sexual chatting.
- At no time will a member be expected to place Grievance before his or her real-life commitments. However, members bear the responsibility of communicating to Grievance when circumstances do not allow them to participate.
- Cliques: It’s ok to play with your friends, but as a member in Grievance we expect you to “spread yourself around” a bit. Please try and group with different people at different times for the betterment of the guild. Excluding individuals purposely (other than they don’t meet requirements), is prohibited.
- Discord channels are all PG-13 unless agreed upon by all members in the channel. The Lounge is ALWAYS PG-13.
- Utilize Discord, we have guest channels if you are running with non-guild players. We can’t get to know each other if we are never around each other. Socializing in Discord helps us grow as a community.
- Your in-game member note will match your Discord nickname. Do not edit your member note. If you change your Discord name, you need to message the RO so we can change your member note in game.
Subject for removal
Any member found violating the Grievance Organizational charter, or this charter can be removed by the guild leader without warning.
Any member removed for inactivity is eligible to be reinvited to the guild when they come back.
- Recruits inactive for 30 days will be removed.
- Members and above inactive for 90 days will be removed.
Returning members need to post in the “#retail-horde-invite” channel in Discord with the characters name AND submit a request using the in game guild finder tool, putting their discord name in the note section. If you do not post in both places your request will be denied.
Alts in the guild
Recruits are only allowed to have 2 alts in the guild for a total of 3 characters.
Members are allowed to have unlimited alts in the guild. If we are close to member cap, the RO will remove any inactive alts from the guild to make room for new members.
If you want to get an alt invited to the guild you need to post in the “#retail-horde-invite” channel in Discord with the characters name AND submit a request using the in-game guild finder tool. Please put your Discord name in the note section. If you do not post in both places your request will be denied.
Guild Bank Rules
- Please only donate items from the current expansion to the guild bank.
- Items in the bank will be sorted based on type and quality.
- The Guild Leader and Officers are the only people who can withdraw items from the Guild bank unless the tab is open to members. Items located in these slots are for guild use. Contact an officer regarding withdrawing any items unavailable to you.
- Members are not required to deposit Money in the guild bank; however donations will be gladly accepted of any size to fund guild bank repairs and support guild related crafters.
Raids are scheduled on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 9-11 PM EST.
- All Grievance raids must be organized by an Officer.
- Sign up early, sign up often.
- Come prepared, make sure you have gems, enchants, and consumables as requested by the raid officers.
- Be on time.
- Be in Discord – You don’t have to talk. You do need to be able to hear callouts.
- Respect the officers and allow them to lead raids.
- Don’t criticize other players.
- Heroic raids are for mains only until the raid leaders decide to open them up to alts.
- The character with the rank of member is denoted as your raiding toon. If you want to change what character you are bringing to progression raid, you need to talk to your raid leaders first.
- You need to be eligible for loot when attending a raid. Once we are done with progression for the week you can finish your lock out on your own. You are not allowed to ask other members to go with you.
- No official raids will be scheduled on Holidays so members can spend time with their families.
We are not a mythic guild, and do not desire to be, we are a community focused guild, with the goal of getting as many people through the content as possible. What this means, is that we won’t stop bringing someone just because they are struggling with mechanics. We will give them the time they need to learn.
Tuesdays are open progression, as long as you meet the ilvl requirement you are eligible to come. We bring as many people as we can, if more than 30 people sign up, and we will have to sit members. Whoever is sat, gets priority invite the following weeks. So you will never be sat from a Tuesday raid multiple weeks in a row.
Thursday is a closed progression raid. So every week if you want to be a part of the progression team, you need to sign up via the in-game calendar. The raid leader will sit people based on logs and confirm slots on the calendar. Once we clear those bosses, we open Thursdays back up to the rest of the raid. If you are raiding with us consistently, you will get AOTC. Who comes to Thursday’s raid is completely up to the raid leader’s discretion. Any questions or concerns should be directed to your raid leader during non raiding hours.
Saturday is the same as Tuesday, except it is our Normal/alt raid. The ilvl requirement is lower than Tues/Thurs.
We are currently using Blizzards in-game system. During raid make sure you are set to the loot spec for your current role. You may roll need for gear for your main spec and off spec. Greed is for Mog, and pass if you can’t use the item at all. If you win the roll the piece is yours. If you accidentally win a piece you don’t need, just tell the raid lead, and they will handle it. We do not do a loot council. Some weeks you may get 4 pieces, some weeks you may get nothing. It all balances out in the end.
Required Raid addons
- Method raid tools
- Weak Auras
Mythic mondays happen every week unless Monday falls on a Holiday. It starts at 8pm est, and ends when players are done running keys. An officer will ask everyone to x up in guild chat or discord, then will organize groups. The team is responsible to decide what level key they want to run. You have 1 hr from the time we send teams off to finish your key. If you are not close to finishing at the hour mark, the facilitating officer will ask you to disband so we can shuffle the groups and try again next round.
- Be respectful of other players’ comfort level for content.
- Don’t expect a timed key or a max level key.
- Be willing to run lower keys to help the guild progress as a whole.
- Be patient with people practicing new routes, or new roles.
- Have fun!
- Be in Discord for communication.
- Be patient if you are sat for a round. Dungeon teams are limited to 5 people. If we have 18 people sign up, there will be 3 people left over, these people will have priority placement in the next round.
- Alts are welcome on Mondays. If you want to tank or heal please announce that in chat with your x mark. for example : Vaerii: x tank/heal
- Astral keys